Friday, May 29, 2026

If I Could Turn Back Time

 In my high school we had one student of Japanese descent. I didn't know her well. We talked once in a while. One day she told me that the United States government put her family in a detention camp.

 I said, "No."

She said, "Yes."

I said I never heard about that in history class. We left it at that.

If I could turn back time I would change my response. The person who I am now, who knows more now, would have said, "The government put your family in a detention camp? How terrible for you and your family. I would love to learn more about that. Can we get together and I can ask you more questions?"



 

"

 

 

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...