Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Greg Brown Was Cooking Last Night


Greg Brown was cooking last night. The concert was awesome. The rain was light before the concert and gone by the time the concert started. I was glad because umbrellas would have obstructed my view of the stage. Greg plays guitar. There were two other guitars, a drummer and a electric harmonica/electric accordion player. What kind of music does Greg Brown play? Prior to the concert I would have said he was a folk singer. After the concert I would still put folk first but would have to add blues, rock and country. Greg Brown is hard to categorize. His voice is definitely baritone. There is something about a man's voice going so low it barely sounds human that thrills me. The guitar riffs were great. I have never heard blues solo electric accordion riffs before but they were smoking last night. Wow. We left at 10 and I was home by 11 but I've been dragging all day. Am I too old for weeknight concerts? Should I join AARP? I don't really want to know your answer to that last one unless you are going to say, "Oh, no, absolutely not, you are way too young for AARP."

No comments:

The Beach At Summerly

Beatriz Williams is the author of the historical fiction novel called The Beach At Summerly . The story takes place on Winthrop Island. The ...