Thursday, March 4, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians


With a friend, I went to see "Percy Jackson and the Olympians." I liked it. Percy thinks he's a normal teenager. Little does he know, he's a demi-god, son of a mortal mother and Poseidon. He has a good friend who uses crutches. Percy doesn't know that his friend is really a satyr (half man, half goat). His friend sticks by his side through out it all, chewing and swallowing pop cans (goats will eat anything) and braying like a goat whenever he gets randy. I did learn about the Greek gods but forgot a lot. Bits of old knowledge came back to me during the show. Percy is fighting with a Hydra. He cuts off a head and that is when I remember you never cut off the head of a hydra because two head will grow back. Sure enough, two heads grow back. Uma Thurman plays Medusa. Her beauty make her the perfect Medusa. Just don't look into her eyes! She'll turn you into stone. In this movie, Percy doesn't look into her eyes but he watches her in the reflection off his cell phone. This movie is a funny blend of old and new. The winged shoes are black Converse high tops and Mount Olympus is in New York City. I wish I had winged shoes.

No comments:

The Beach At Summerly

Beatriz Williams is the author of the historical fiction novel called The Beach At Summerly . The story takes place on Winthrop Island. The ...