Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tap Time

I tapped my maple trees this weekend after asking the tree expert his opinion on maple syrup this year.  (He didn't know.)  As soon as I attached the spout to the tree the sap gushed into the tubing.  Yesterday I collected almost a full gallon of sap.  So maybe this will be a good year, I won't know for sure until it's over.  I think it would be better if the night temperatures went below freezing but we shall see.  To top that off, the ice went out on the Rum River yesterday.  The red shouldered hawk is back in my yard talking, talking, talking.  No other bird has as much to scream as the red shouldered hawk.  AND I saw a red convertible car with the top down today.  My favorite season has begun. 

No comments:

The Beach At Summerly

Beatriz Williams is the author of the historical fiction novel called The Beach At Summerly . The story takes place on Winthrop Island. The ...