Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Voted

Last night I voted at my local precinct. I saw neighbors voting there too. I saw an unfamiliar neighbor who had a small girl child attached to her like a chimpanzee baby clings to it's mother. Being a grandmother of two girl children has opened my mouth so I start asking her questions.

  1. Are you voting today? (she nods yes)
  2. Are you old enough to vote? (she nods yes)
  3. How old are you? (no answer)
  4. 18? (no answer)
  5. 21? (no answer but her mother prompts her to say she is two)
  6. Is it legal for two year old to vote? (she nods yes)
  7. Should your mommy vote? (she nods yes. At this point we voted and the conversation ended but I picked it up again as we left the church lobby)
  8. Should your mommy run for office? (she says yes. Mommy says she doesn't have the time)
  9. Should your mommy run for mayor? (she nods yes)
  10. Should your mommy run for president? (she nods yes)
  11. How about queen? (she nods yes and they get in the car and drive away).

No comments:

The Beach At Summerly

Beatriz Williams is the author of the historical fiction novel called The Beach At Summerly . The story takes place on Winthrop Island. The ...