Saturday, December 1, 2018

Paper Session

Today I traveled to the Northstar Ballroom on the farm campus of the University of Minnesota for a birding event called the paper session. There I met many other birding nerds. Some of them I have met before and some I met for the first time. We heard talks about the new Bell Museum, growing hemp for bird food, bird genetics, tracking birds using MODUS towers, the status of grassland birds in western Minnesota, common nighthawks migrating through Duluth and the biological surveys in north central Minnesota.  I am definitely going to have to visit Duluth in mid-August this year to see the nighthawks fly through the town. Normally sitting still at a table listening to speakers all day is not my idea of fun but the topics are interesting and they show lots of bird photos, the time flies by like  a night hawk flies through Duluth. 

No comments:

The Beach At Summerly

Beatriz Williams is the author of the historical fiction novel called The Beach At Summerly . The story takes place on Winthrop Island. The ...