Monday, October 28, 2019

Incessant Hammering.

I am not sure if you can see it but there are packages of shingles up there on my roof. I have had a very loud day. From 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. I have heard banging and scraping and foot falls on my roof. Old shingles and nails fell from the roof to the tarps below. I was glad when the sun went down so I could have some peace and quiet. I thought back to the year 1983. Straight line winds went through Coon Rapids. The winds took the roof off of Mercy Hospital, Menards, and my house. I worked the afternoon shift when that roof was being repaired. The incessant banging and nailing was unbearable mostly because I was in my first trimester of my first pregnancy and I needed extra sleep; not less sleep. I will be glad when all this incessant hammering is done and over with.

No comments:

The Beach At Summerly

Beatriz Williams is the author of the historical fiction novel called The Beach At Summerly . The story takes place on Winthrop Island. The ...