Friday, February 14, 2020

MIA

Today I had some free time. The weather was too cold to be outside. So I went to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. As I walked four blocks to get into the building I remembered the time I brought Offspring #1 and his cousin there. I think they were three years old; possibly four. As we walked through the paintings and statues I heard them repeating the same word over and over, "Naked!" Here is a photo of a Reubens.

I think I could come here every day for two weeks and get something new out of the experience. Here is a Georgia O'Keefe. Every patron today was given a six inch red heart. We were told to place it by our favorite work of art. I put my heart by a statue of Eros; also known as Cupid.

This is a Frank Lloyd Wright chair. The Institute has a big showing now of Japanese and Chinese and Korean art. Today I also saw a Picasso, a Salvador Dali and Mondrian. Walking through the three floors of this art museum was a great way to spend a cold winter day.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...