Monday, August 3, 2026

Songs Of Willow Frost

Jamie Ford is the author of Songs Of Willow Frost. Years ago I read his other book called Hotel On The Corner Of Bitter And Sweet and absolutely loved it. I loved this book too. The story is about William Eng who is living in an orphanage in Seattle, Washington during the depression. When he was a young boy his mother's  limp body was carried out of their apartment. He was told she was gone forever. Once a year all the boys in the orphanage celebrate their birthday. He and the other boys are taken downtown to see a movie. He sees an actress called Willow Frost and he is sure she is his mother. With a friend he runs away from the orphanage to find her. His mother has a complicated history that the film industry does not want known. 

 


 

No comments:

Songs Of Willow Frost

Jamie Ford is the author of Songs Of Willow Frost. Years ago I read his other book called Hotel On The Corner Of Bitter And Sweet and absol...