Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I forgot the Dawa's


I almost forgot to describe the drinks at the Carnivore Cafe. Dawa's are an African speciality. The "doctor" or "Medicine Man" comes by your table with a shelf attached to a string around his neck. He offers to make you some medicine to make you feel better and to cure all your ills. More likely this drink will cause some ills but I wouldn't know, I didn't have any. He has a 6 to 8 ounce glass full of ice. He pours vodka over the ice, adds a big glob of honey and a wedge of lime. He hands it to you with a bamboo stir stick and you mix your ingredients before drinking it down. I had a coke light with my meal. After not having any pop for a while, even a coke light can get me buzzed.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...