Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sing You Home

Jodi Picoult, one of my favorite authors, wrote Sing You Home.   This novel, like all Picoult's novels, is about a current cultural issue, this one being gay rights.  Zoe, the main character, is a music therapist.  I have two friends who were music therapists so I was really interested in Zoe's work life.  Picoult does a great job developing the character of Zoe and Vanessa (her wife).  The story of Max (her ex-husband) is not as cleverly depicted.  Every Picoult novel has courtroom drama and this one involves Zoe and Vanessa fighting Max for possession of Zoe's and Max's three frozen embryoes.  The story moves along swiftly.  I got so caught up in the drama I wanted to extend the last few chapters by reading slowly and taking more breaks.  This was a good book, an easy read, a nice way to pass the time in the summer.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...