Thursday, October 5, 2017

Considering My Name to Orange Sioux

Today I took a bus tour of the prairie with my science nerd, tree hugging BFF's. Some of them I have known for years and some I just met today. The woman who took my glamour shot is someone I met today. While traveling west on Highway 14 (the road the Laura Ingalls Wilder family took to DeSmet) I made a list of possible nicknames for myself. I wrote two columns of nicknames. One column was for acceptable nicknames. One column was for unacceptable nicknames. And one common  nickname is acceptable with permission only (and that is Susie. Use only with permission please). Acceptable nicknames include but are not limited to Half-pint, Sioux, Sue City Sue, Sue Sue Sudio, Suzuki, Oh Susannah!, So Sue Me, Sweet Sue, Saluki, Soo-Key,Sioux Key, Souper Sioux, Sister Sue, Saint Sioux and last, but not least, Smokey Sioux.  Unacceptable nicknames are Kooky Soo-key, Two-ton Susan, Sanctimonious Sioux, Run Around Sue, and last, but not least Sooouuuuueeeeeeee! Please be advised of these recommendations and behave appropriately. Regards, Orange Sioux.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...