Monday, July 22, 2024

Weasel

 Today I was walking around Lake Winona for some exercise on a nice day. As I walked on the paved path I noticed the water was high. Some tree trunks were under water. Soon a black bird was calling from my left ahead of me. As the bird flew over the path ahead of me at about 2 feet off the ground, I saw it was chasing a brown weasel. The weasel came out of the vegetation, stood on the path, looked at me and proceeded across the path and entered the weeds nearest the lake. I saw a fisher once at Zippel Bay State Park but this is the first time I have ever seen a wild weasel. The moment was over before I could move my hand to reach for my phone.

No comments:

Central High School

Today I drove to downtown Little Rock to visit the Central High School National Park. This is a gas station restored to look like 1957 acros...