Look how the feathers on the head and neck of this woodpecker shake with each blow. I am reminded of a dog shaking off water after a swim. Except with the woodpecker we can see the hard impact on the skull. I think it's fascinating how the tongue is rooted at the top of the beak and wraps the long way around the skull. The tongue head cushion might help a little but my head hurts just watching this video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Compound
The Compound is a fiction novel with some mystery and some science fiction. Written by Aisling Rawle, an author living in Dublin, the story ...
-
I received a gift from Offspring #1 - a collection of lectures on compact disk about Medieval Heroines in History and Legend. The speaker is...
-
A yellow rail, one of THE MOST ELUSIVE birds around, sound like a manual typewriter. And if you're too young to know what a manual ty...
-
Today I was home quite a bit and saw a plethora of birds in my yard including two "first of the year" birds at opposite ends of...
No comments:
Post a Comment