Thursday, July 12, 2018

Songs of Willow Frost

Jamie Ford is the author of this book and also On The Corner of Bitter and Sweet. Both of his books are very emotional and both set in Seattle and both about immigrants from China.  Since the people in my book club were discussing immigrants we naturally strayed in and out of current politics.  We had a lively discussion that ended with suggestion that we all advise the young adults in our lives to engage in their civic duty to our nation and go to the polls to vote every chance we can. So let me take this opportunity to advise all my readers to vote. Please, vote. I would also advise you to read this book about Willow Frost.  Willow was a maverick. She was a good mother and a survivor. I think you will enjoy Jaime Ford's writing.

No comments:

The Beach At Summerly

Beatriz Williams is the author of the historical fiction novel called The Beach At Summerly . The story takes place on Winthrop Island. The ...