Monday, April 8, 2019

A Colorful Afternoon

On Sunday I had the Crayola experience at the Mall of America.  This mall is a place I generally avoid.  The sensory input of this palace to cultural consumerism is overwhelming to me. But the chance to see my grandgirls is more important than my sensory issues. We spent some fun time in this very colorful place. We colored. We made crayon labels with our own words and glued them to crayons to take home. We used tablets to make selfies with colorful eyes and mouths and head pieces. We stepped on footprints in front of a screen so that when we moved the crayon moved too. We walked on a dance floor that had moving puzzle pieces. We played on playground equipment for at least an hour. Luckily the adults were too big to fit on this equipment so we had to wait on benches.  I got tired just watching the kids exercising. They had a huge lightbright board that even I had fun playing with. The lightbright bulbs were an inch in diameter and about five inches long. We melted crayons onto a spinning piece of paper. We played with playdough and cut it into shapes with cookie cutters and kitchen utensils. We did not do every activity offered but we got most of them accomplished. The girls had fun. I recovered from my sensory overload on the drive home.

No comments:

The Beach At Summerly

Beatriz Williams is the author of the historical fiction novel called The Beach At Summerly . The story takes place on Winthrop Island. The ...