Sunday, April 21, 2019

Three Two One Jump

Last night I had the luxury of staying in a hotel with Offspring #2, my lovely daugher-in-law, and my two grand girls. We stayed in a place with a pool. We all donned our suits and joined in the crazy fun in the pool area. The place was crowded with unsupervised kids and a few adults who weren't really paying attention. Chaos reigned supreme. I got hit in the head with beach balls, hacky sacks, and the limbs of other kids. One kid had a squirt gun that hit me straight in the face. That wasn't fun. The pool had a kiddie area and a hot tub and also a larger pool with a long water slide. I love being in the water.  I also like holding grand girls so I had double the fun. After a couple of hours in the pool we were exhausted and starving so we cleaned up and got some Chinese take out. Our room was on the fourth floor with a view of the UPS trailer parking area. On the elevator we tried to make the elevator car jump a little by counting down (three, two, one) and all jumping together. This is just an old past time Offspring #2 and I used to do years ago. In the morning I headed down for a cup of coffee with the youngest grand girl. We walked together to the elevator. She likes to press the buttons. As soon as the door closed she bent her knees, said three two one, and jumped. I jumped too. When she jumps her feet don't actually leave the floor. Her little body jerks up as if she jumped but her feet remain planted. The same goes for me. As we left this morning we sang songs including this classic Easter song that not many people know.

No comments:

The Beach At Summerly

Beatriz Williams is the author of the historical fiction novel called The Beach At Summerly . The story takes place on Winthrop Island. The ...