Sunday, December 1, 2019

Will Some Of The Flakes I Shovel Today Still Be Here In April or May?

I spent many hours shoveling snow this weekend. I think I shoveled five or six times. The heaviest shovel was the first one. That snow as so deep I could see the trail of my car's underbelly as I pulled into the garage. After that experience I decided to shovel after a couple inches instead of six. The snow at the road that the snow plow threw in was the heaviest. Some of those ice boulders were so heavy I had to pick them up by hand and toss them in the ditch. Mindlessly shoveling snow gave me a workout and time to think. How many pounds of snow have I shoveled in my lifetime? When I go a winter without shoveling snow, will I miss the experience? How was it when I was a kid and finished shoveling snow I had the energy to play in the snow when I was done? I know my childhood driveway was smaller than this one. I just don't feel like making snow angels anymore. When will be the last time I shovel snow? Will some of the flakes I shovel today still be here in April or May?

No comments:

The Beach At Summerly

Beatriz Williams is the author of the historical fiction novel called The Beach At Summerly . The story takes place on Winthrop Island. The ...