Friday, March 8, 2013

1937

I am part way home, blogging from the airport in Los Angeles.  I went through customs, got my bag, went through customs again, walked from terminal 3 to terminal 5, checked my bag, and went through security.  In the security line is a sign that reads "If you were born in 1937 or before you do not have to remove your shoes or jacket."  Seriously?  How did they decide on the year 1937?  Was the deciding factor security or safety of seniors?   If it's security, why not trust the people born in 1938 or 1939 as well?  Or do they think 75 year olds can balance better than 76 year olds putting on their shoes? Isn't this sign an example of ageism against people 75 years old or less?  That sign is just crazy.  I can't get over it.  Maybe I can't get over it because I've been aware all day and all night and I'm not really sure what time it is here, at home, or in Australia.  Jet lag, man, I hope I don't have to make any important decisions today.  Note to self-keep to the right!  I got used to driving on the left in Tasmania.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...