Saturday, September 23, 2023

Fifty Years Of Driving Each Other Nuts

 Today I traveled a couple of hours south to attend an event. Driving through northeastern Wisconsin in the rain the fall colors were muted at first by the rain but more noticeable as time went on. The colors are more vivid when some of the leaves are still green. My favorite trees had branches that were red at the tips followed by orange and then yellow yet still green by the trunk. The rain had stopped for the last hour of my drive. As I pulled into the driveway and parked the rain decided to come back and pour on my head. I tucked my plate of deviled eggs under my rain coat and headed to the party. I set my food down on the table and headed over to look at the pictures. This celebration was a booya but also a 50th wedding anniversary of my "closest to my age" cousin. There I see a picture of the bride with her 3 bridesmaids, my youngest sister as a junior bridesmaid and another cousin as the flower girl. Fifty years of marriage makes my cousin and her husband good role models. When she got married it was a time of change in society. Prior to her marriage most people got married between 18 and 20 years of age. After her marriage people waited longer to tie the knot. My cousin and her husband wore matching black t-shirts with squirrels and in large print were the words "50 Years Of Driving Each Other Nuts." Her younger brother and his wife got married 49 years ago. He was there on stage playing classic rock with his friends from high school. Their joy in making music was obvious on their faces. This is music that is hard to listen to without dancing. They had a great party.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...