Thursday, September 21, 2023

The Rosie Project

Leave it to me to read a series of three books out of order. That is what I did. I read The Rosie Effect first which was the final book in the series. And just today I finished The Rosie Project which is the first book in the series. The narrator is Don Tillman, a geneticist and professor at a university in Melbourne, Australia. He is a socially awkward man who is looking for a wife. He comes up with the idea to find a wife by making a survey. Along the way he meets a woman named Rosie. According to his list, Rosie is not suitable wife material. She smokes. She is not good at math. Rosie is, however, much fun to hang out with. Don insists on helping Rosie determine who her father is. As a geneticist he uses the lab at the university to study the DNA of all the men Rosie suspects might be her father. The story is laugh out loud funny at some points. This was a very enjoyable book. Now I have to get my hands on the second book by Graeme Simsion.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...