Friday, November 24, 2023

Arborateum

 Today I met a good friend.  Since she is a member we hided around the arboretum in Chanhassen. The sun was out and the wind was low so even though it was cold out, we were find on our hike. At one point we were walking by a hillside. To the right of the path was a hill going up forty feet or so. We could see through this oak forest. We saw one guy up there with a camera with a long lens. We were curious about what he was photographing. He was kind to point out the barred owl sitting 3/4 of the way up a pine tree relaxing in the sun and the quiet. The photographer said he is very familiar with this owl as he sees her often. After two hours of hiking we went to the cafe to have some broccoli cheese soup for lunch. I could have taken a photograph if I hadn't left my phone in my car.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...