Tuesday, January 2, 2024

In Pieces

 I listened to Sally Field's autobiography called In Pieces. She read the book to me. She starts out as a child listening to her mother and her grandmother. She has an older brother and a younger half sister. Sally is lucky to be offered the job as Gidget just out of high school. I loved that television show. She is not as lucky in love. She knew her first husband through school and he was the father of her first two boys. But he was one of those "always a boy" type guys and she left him. She had an affair with Burt Reynolds but he did not bolster her career. In fact, Burt was a discouraging voice in her head. The biggest influence in Sally's life was her "Ba." Ba was her mother. The book ends with the passing of her mother. Although I loved Gidget and enjoyed the flying nun, I think her best acting was as Mary Todd Lincoln. She is a great actress and she wrote a great autobiography.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...