Monday, March 4, 2024

Jimmy Carter Presidential Library

I voted for Jimmy Carter and I'm glad I did. I think he was a great president. Today we walked to his presidential library which was not too far from our AirBnB. This is a recreation of his oval office.

Jimmy had honesty and integrity. I like that. I did not know that his father was a segregationist. His mother was a nurse and took care of people regardless of the color of their skin.


He worked for Habitat for Humanity, eradicating the Guinea worm in Africa, monitored elections, brokered peace agreements. I feel like I have not done much with my life compared to his and Rosalynns.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...