Sunday, May 12, 2024

Dubuque

Today I was driving northwest from Clinton, Illinois. I got to Dubuque in the early afternoon. I thought I would pull over and explore this beautiful town on the Mississippi. I parked and started walking around when I saw the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium. I decided to pay a visit. Lucky me, I got a ten dollar discount on admission because I am a Mom. I visited the aquarium with fresh water and salt water animals. They had an outdoor area with a kestrel, red tailed hawk, bald eagle and a barn owl. They had a history section about the river and the people who lived on the river.

My ticket is good for two days so I could go back but I don't think I will as I am staying an hour north of Dubuque.

 

No comments:

Central High School

Today I drove to downtown Little Rock to visit the Central High School National Park. This is a gas station restored to look like 1957 acros...