Thursday, May 9, 2024

Hopewell



Yesterday I left Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and drove west. I went through Maryland and stayed for the night in West Virginia, right next to the border of Ohio. This morning I drove two hours to Chillicothe to visit the the Hopewell Culture National Historic Site. Here is one of a grouping of burial grounds in Ohio. Inside these burial grounds they have found shells from the Gulf of Mexico, grizzly bear teeth from Montana, copper from Michigan, silver from Canada, shark teeth from Maine and mica from North Carolina. I walked around the grounds imagining the people who were buried here. This felt like a very spiritual place.
 

No comments:

Central High School

Today I drove to downtown Little Rock to visit the Central High School National Park. This is a gas station restored to look like 1957 acros...