Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Phew!

Today I went to Como Park conservatory to view the corpse flower that is about to bloom.

Years ago, possibly 20 years ago, I was in Washington, D.C. when a corpse flower was about to bloom. That one was not as close to bloom as this one is and it had no smell. So first I went through the fern room at the conservatory. The sunken garden is next. Personally I don't care for a pink, red and purple display. Then I went through the bonsai area.

Then I came to the north room. Despite every window on both sides of this room being completely wide open, the smell was very strong. I smelled filthy feet. The flower is awesome but the smell was pretty bad.

 

No comments:

Central High School

Today I drove to downtown Little Rock to visit the Central High School National Park. This is a gas station restored to look like 1957 acros...