Sunday, July 6, 2008

I Passed

Despite jangled nerves and high anxiety (Curses! Why did I tell so many people I was taking this test? Now I'll have to explain why I failed!), I actually passed. Once I pay the state of Minnesota some money, I will have my motorcycle endorsement. The hardest part for me was the 2 consecutive U-turns (figure eight). I turned to the left just fine, well within the marked box. I did the right turn (usually the harder one for me) just fine. But when it came time to go straight and onto the next section of the test, I went over the line. I screwed up on the easy part. What was that about? Nerves I guess. I did the swerve fine. I did the sudden stop exceptionally well. Sudden stops are easy once I remembered to just do everything possible at the same time. Squeeze both handles and push down on both feet. I did the tight curves just fine as well so I passed. Whew! Now, do I buy a motorcycle? I am going to have to think about this. If I did get one, I wouldn't spend a lot of money. I practiced on a 250cc Suzuki. I believe that would be a good size for me. I'll look and see if there are any used ones available - preferably from an adult owner. Our instructors were really good teachers and the class was fun. I'm glad I went.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...