Thursday, January 15, 2009

111,171


Today was a day that tested all machinery. The air was too cold to take in a deep breath. I think the high was 4 below. Several people started their vehicles at intervals throughout the day. Others asked for "jumps" because their car batteries were too weak to start the engine. As I popped into my little civic and started it up, I was grateful for my sturdy little car. The mileage today had lots of ones in it. Five out of the six numbers were ones. Today I realized how grateful I am for my resilient little car. I've taken it to the Atlantic coast twice and the Pacific coast once. It's always started when I turn the ignition. So far I've had the brakes done once and put on one set of new tires. Except for a little trouble with the driver's door lock, nothing, absolutely nothing, has gone wrong with it. I've kept up on the recommended maintenance. I wash it once in a while. I've never had a car this reliable. I never had a Honda before.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...