Friday, January 23, 2009

Satisfaction

I had a very satisfying day today. Lately everything in my life seems to be going in the right direction. But today was especially good. I got paid today. I've been able to kick the most satisfying snow chunks (some people call them snow boogers) off my car lately. Today I kicked one of the drivers rear wheel well that dropped an incredibly large amount of snow from not only behind the tire but in front of the tire too. I came up with what I think will be a successful plan to deal with a person at work who has been a pain in my side. Part of my plan was to soften my heart by anonymously tossing a Dove chocolate in his mailbox if he managed not to anger me again this morning. Lucky for him because he got one. People returned most of my phone calls today. I helped a friend learn a new computer skill and she was very grateful. Traffic was good this morning and this afternoon. My mail from AIG wasn't a huge financial disappointment this time - only a Vanguard annual report. I got some good advice on how to accessorize a black dress I bought to wear to a sister's wedding. And, last but not least, I found a tofurky in a grocery store in my very own town of Ramsey. Amazing. No more driving to Trader Joe's only to find they are all out of Tofurky. No more driving to Arden Hills for Tofurky. I have some in my very own town. Yum!

No comments:

The Beach At Summerly

Beatriz Williams is the author of the historical fiction novel called The Beach At Summerly . The story takes place on Winthrop Island. The ...