Sunday, January 18, 2009

Table Part 1


I just finished a project today that I started the day after Thanksgiving. I have truly enjoyed this task. I spent many happy hours absorbed on this little table. I was so absorbed I would loose all sense of time. The table belonged to my son - a gift from his Grandmother. Originally it was a blond wood coffee table, about 2 feet square and a foot high. I can picture it being a popular item back in the 1950's. Although uglynow, the table was in good shape. Someone tried to stain it darker but the stain didn't take over the varnish. I decided to add a glass mosaic design. This fall I took a community education glass on glass mosaic. I sanded down the table and painted the legs and rim with a glossy black paint. I chose a design I found on the Internet. To fill the space on the table top, I had to enlarge the design. I drew a grid on my design and another grid on a large piece of blank newsprint I had laying around. I copied the design, grid by grid, onto the larger piece of paper.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...