Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Best

I finished this book of short stories.  One of the short stories was a chapter from a book I read earlier this year, A Visit From The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan.  When I read that book I thought it read like a collection of short stories and, lo and behold, it was or at least one chapter was.  Some of the stories in this book were better than others.  I read most of them while exercising on the stair master.  If the story was good, time on the stairmaster flew by.  If the story was boring, time dragged on that machine; stretched out like a worn out piece of elastic.  I read them all though.  None of the short stories was so bad to warrant skipping.  One of the stories was very disturbing and futuristic.  It was enough to give you nightmares.  I like short story collections; it's like ordering the sampler platter. 

No comments:

The Beach At Summerly

Beatriz Williams is the author of the historical fiction novel called The Beach At Summerly . The story takes place on Winthrop Island. The ...