Today I replaced the oil filter and changed the oil on my motorcycle. I needed some tools. I have Allen wrenches and screwdrivers and a good light. I find I have to scold myself sometimes. I tend to use whatever is handy and not take the time to find the right tool for the right job. If I have the correct sized tool the job goes much easier. Taking the time to go and get the correct tool saves time in the long run. Yes, sometimes a butter knife will work but why not go and get the screwdriver? I know where it is. And if a screwdriver will work, won't the cordless drill work even better? I paid money for the tool so I may as well make use of it. It's time I took more pride in my work. It's time I dump this habit of grabbing what ever is handy. I have decided. I'm not too old of a dog to learn new tricks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Time Of The Lotus Bloom
Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...
-
A yellow rail, one of THE MOST ELUSIVE birds around, sound like a manual typewriter. And if you're too young to know what a manual ty...
-
I received a gift from Offspring #1 - a collection of lectures on compact disk about Medieval Heroines in History and Legend. The speaker is...
-
Today I was home quite a bit and saw a plethora of birds in my yard including two "first of the year" birds at opposite ends of...

No comments:
Post a Comment