Thursday, December 15, 2011

Trade Mark

Last week I went to a local beauty school for some maintainence work.  It took forever (go ahead, make a crack).  I had a long time to sit in a chair and look around.  Two of the beauty students had images of shears permanently inked on their skin.  One woman had scissors on her neck and another had scissors on her arm.  Similar to wearing your heart on your sleeve, these women wore their jobs on (or is it in?) their skin.  So that got me to thinking, if I chose to wear my job on my skin, what would that look like?  My job is primarily paperwork, meetings, and computers.  So lets see, I could get a tattoo of a pen, a stack of papers, a telephone, a conference room table surrounded by people sitting in chairs, a key board, or a mouse.   Or maybe a calendar.  I schedule a lot of meetings so a calendar would be appropriate.  No, I don't think so.  I am not defined by my job.  I am enhanced by my job and supported by my job.  I love my job.  But I'm not inking my job into my skin.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...