Saturday, December 10, 2011

Venison Dream

The other night I dreamed I ate venison stew.  I  haven't had venison for, I don't know, maybe thirty years?  I have eaten any meat for almost twenty years.  Yet in this dream, I took a fork and speared a chunk of venison and put it in my mouth.  I could feel the chewy texture.  I could taste the gravy.  As I chewed, the meat tasted gamy and I decided I never did like venison and I spit it out.  Why did I dream about eating venison?  I don't miss meat.  I certainly don't miss eating venison.  I harbor ill feelings toward the deer that ravage my vegetable garden but that is only during the summer.  Earlier that day we did discuss a newspaper article featuring young deer hunters.  Some of the hunters were as young as nine years old.  I would not feel comfortable with a nine year old holding a gun but that is just me.  The most important question is, if I am going to experience the taste and texture of foods when I dream, why can't I dream about french silk pie?
PS I saw a raven today on Bunker Lake Boulevard in Bunker Hills Park.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...