Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Garden Fair


Last Saturday I went to the Master Gardener's Garden Fair at Bunker Hills Activity Center.  The keynote speaker was a landscape design professor and she talked about her yard.  I heard her before at another conference and her talk was semi-interesting then and less interesting this time.  After that I signed up for a flower pressing class.  You can see my efforts above.  My instructor was 68 years old but she looked 38 in her tall leather boots and long blonde hair.  I used to press flowers when I was in college and I've forgotten all about it.  She said I could use modge podge and decorate the tiles in my bathroom or put a border around a doorway.  This could be dangerous.  Modge podge - I don't think I've heard those two words for 30 years. I'm thinking I might press flowers on my car!  My second  class was about planting the right plant in the right place.  After lunch I signed up for a filo clay fairy garden accessory class - pictures of those will follow once I bake the clay.  My final class for the day was cooking with herbs.  We got tips on planting and harvesting herbs.  We were served dill dip with vegies, a chicken asparagus pasta dish with rosemary, roasted vegetables with french herbs, and basil pesto that gave me bad breath the rest of the day.  It was a good class though.  Who doesn't love a class where food is served?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...