Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Birds

This morning as I was getting ready for work I heard the sound of many birds chirping.  Many birds.  Very many birds.  The sound was loud and I thought it sounded like robins.  I peeked out the window and saw many birds with reddish breasts sitting in the tree tops.  When I went outside to give the chickens some fresh water (and a handful of sunflower seeds) the birds were everywhere.  Robins, hundreds of robins, were singing from my yard, the neighbor's trees, and the trees across the street.  A flock of migrating robins stopped to rest and talk in my neighborhood this morning.  It was almost scary.  See, this is why I never watch horror films.  Alfred Hitchcock's movie, The Birds, came out over 50 years ago and I'm still scared.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...