Monday, December 15, 2014

A Week At The Beach Part II

A week at the beach was made wonderful by the company I kept.  When I can lay down in bed at the end of a long day outside, in the fresh Florida air, and listen to the same voices talking that I heard when I was 8 years old, well, it just gives me a warm feeling inside; sort of like a campfire in the chest cavity type of feeling. When five people can go out to a restaurant and order five entrees and three desserts and pass those desserts around the table so that I get a spoonful of pistachio ice cream followed by a bite of coconut cream cake followed by a bite of tiramisu, well that is a good evening.  When five people agree, after living together for 7 days, they want to do it again, that is the very definition of a great vacation.  A vacation is partly about the time and the place and the experiences and the service but it is also about the company you keep.  Good times. Good times.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...