Monday, December 29, 2014

Hospital Staff-Susan Marie

I had a lot in common with my nursing assistant after my surgery.  We both had three names of five letters each. And our first two names matched exactly while the first letter of our last name also matched.  What she had and what I hope to match is an ability to be in the moment and enjoy every last morsel that floated her way.  Susan Marie loved her job.  She loved taking care of me.  She helped me take a shower.  Being modest to the extreme, this was anxiety producing for me.  Her cheerful chatter and strategic placing of the shower curtain made the shower relaxing and enjoyable.  How did she manage to do that?  She is cheerful and has a charming personality.  I think the answer lies in that Susan Marie loved her job and that made all the difference.  I was lucky that Susan Marie was mine if only for a couple of days.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...