Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Juliet in August

Juliet in August is a first novel and was written by Diane Warren. Wow, what a first novel.  Honestly I thought this book was written by Jane Smiley who also writes about farm life. This farm is set in Canada on the edge of the sand plains, basically on the prairie. Parkers Prairie came to my mind as I imagined each scene.  One character named Vickie Dolson reminded me strongly of a sibling and when I read that Vickie had twins, well, that sealed it for me. The entire story takes place in one day and one night but what a day and night it was. I wish I could write a book as good as this someday!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...