Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Woman Upstairs

A couple of times as I was reading The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud I thought, "C'mon. Let's move on. You made the point three or four times already." Most of the book went by swimmingly.  Sometimes repetition of an idea is necessary.  There are times when I can know something but not comprehend it until I hear it again or I hear it said in a different context. Sometimes my mind is like a sieve. Sometimes my mind is like a glue trap.  36-8-18 was the combination to a bike padlock and I can't even remember what bike so why do I remember the combination to the lock that protected that bike from theft? Overall I would say this was a good book to read. Any book that can distract me from the weather and the state of the world is a good book. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...