Friday, February 16, 2018

Pfffffffffffffft!

I go outside in the morning to take care of my flock (the slackers/I had to buy eggs). I bring a pitcher of warm well water. I break up the ice in the chicken bowl and refill it.  If I happen to bring the plastic bag of dried meal worms the Americauna chickens (usually Half-Pint) will come outside for a drink and a snack. If not they ignore me and stay inside the coop. By this time of year I don't have to use the headlamp or the flashlight to do my chores. But it is still cold out.  I refill the bowl.  If there is any water left I toss the extra fluid into the air.  Some of the liquid falls on the snow. Some of the liquid disappears into the cold, dry air making a sound like Pfffffffffffffffffft!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...