Friday, October 18, 2019

Favorite Day of the Work Year

Today was the years of service ceremony at work which is my favorite day of the work year. We honor the work in five year intervals. We have boutonnieres and corsages with real flowers; not fake. We have cake and punch. I write speeches about each person so they are honored in a personal way. We use a large room but the crowd is so large some people stand outside in the hallway. Gifts are chosen by each person and presented to them at the ceremony. We have clapping and cheering going around the room. Photos are taken. Today was truly a wonderful day made even more special because this is the last time I will be the emcee of this event. I am retiring from work in early January. I hope the tradition I have established goes on.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...