Monday, December 28, 2020

Fruit Soup

 My mother-in-law used to make fruit soup for the holidays with raisins, prunes, and dates. I decided to make some this year but with different fruits. Here is the recipe I made up.

Ingredients: 1 1/3 C. diced dried apricots, 1  1/3 C. diced dried mango, 1 1/3 C. diced dried pineapple, 3/4 C. tapioca, 3 honey crisp apples peeled and diced, 8 cups water, one cinnamon stick, 1 C. sugar.

Method: Mix the dried fruit with the tapioca and 4 cups of water in a large kettle and let soak overnight. Add sugar, fresh apples, cinnamon stick and 4 cups of water to the mixture. Bring to a boil. Simmer for one hour. Serve warm or cold.

If I had it to do over again I think I would cut this recipe in half and use dried peaches instead of pineapple.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...