Sunday, December 27, 2020

The President Is Missing

 I listened to The President Is Missing by Bill Clinton and James Patterson. Let me tell you, this is not the kind of book you should listen to as you drive to the Cities a day after a blizzard on an ice-covered highway in the wind. By the time I got to Minneapolis after that white knuckled drive, my anxiety was high. This book is full of danger and action and violence. This is a fictional tale about a U.S. President named Jonathan Duncan. Like Clinton, President Duncan has one child, an adult daughter. Unlike Clinton, Duncan was widowed in office after his wife succumbed to cancer. Also unlike Clinton, Duncan served in the Army Rangers which is why he knows what to do in a gun ambush. This political thriller takes place over three days. I have not read James Patterson before so I can't tell which parts are probably written by Patterson and which parts are probably written by Clinton. After reading this book and watching the news, I really wonder why anyone would want to be the President of the United States.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...