Sunday, December 6, 2020

Tamarack County

 I was in the mood for a Minnesota author so I chose Tamarack County by William Kent Kruger. I chose a mystery even though I typically don't like mysteries but I do like William Kent Kruger. I wish he would write more books that are not in the mystery genre. I have read one other mystery by him that involved Cork O'Connor, a former deputy in Tamarack County, MN who now works as a private detective. He still consults with the current sheriff and she takes him along on investigations and questionings which I think is a bit unrealistic. The story is about crimes and set in December. His descriptions of the cold are very realistic and intricate. Kruger has a very gripping way of telling a story and I like that. I just don't like the crimes and the violence involved.




No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...