Friday, February 25, 2022

Fates And Furies

 Lauren Groff wrote Fates and Furies, a novel about the 20 year marriage of Lancelot and Mathilde. Lancelot (also known as Lotto) met Mathilde at Vassar a few weeks before they were both to graduate. They decide to marry. The book is divided into two parts. The Fates is the first part and it presents Lotto's version of the marriage. Furies presents Mathilde's version of the marriage. I found this book difficult to read. The author used at least 20 obscure words that I had to look up. Lucky for me I read it on my Libby app on my phone so I only had to press my finger on the word to get a definition. Some of the words were from ancient Greek plays. I also found references to ancient Greek plays. I found the writing style to be odd and pretentious. 


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...