Tuesday, February 22, 2022

The Hypnotist's Love Story

 I like Liane Moriarity's books. I really enjoyed Nine Perfect Strangers, Apples Never Fall, and Big Little Lies.  Her books are set in Australia and I like reading about life down under. I semi-enjoyed The Hypnotist's Love Story. I guess I liked this one less because this book is more chick lit than literature. In this story Ellen is a hypnotherapist who treats her client's in the house she lives on the sea shore. Her grandmother gave her this house and she keeps the décor the same because she loved her grandmother. She meets a man on line and his name is Patrick. Patrick is a handsome surveyor who is a widower and he has an 8 year old son. And Patrick has a stalker. His former girlfriend, Saskia, follows him around town, sends him messages, sends him emails, lurks outside his house, and attends his son's soccer matches. I have never been to a hypnotherapist and I have never been stalked nor stalked anyone so I had lots to learn in this story. This silly, whimsical story kept me entertained but her other books were better.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...