Sunday, February 25, 2024

My Lucky Day

On my way home from the YMCA today I stopped at the Giant Grocery Store that is along the way. I picked up some yogurt, half and half, cheese, fruit and pasta. At the checkout line I waited for my turn. I noticed the guy behind me had only two items. I offered that he could go ahead of me. He looked to be in his 50's. He declined my offer and we discussed our favorite flavors of yogurt. We both like peach. I put my items into my reusable grocery bag. The total was around twenty five dollars. I dug out my debit card. His hand was over the debit card reader device. He said he was paying. I asked how I could thank him. He told me to say, "Thank you." I asked the clerk how often this happens. She replied, "Not very often if at all."  Today is my lucky day. If I wasn't anti-gambling I would probably buy a lottery ticket.  

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...