Thursday, February 1, 2024

Hiking South

Today I drove to the Appalachian trailhead on Trindle Road and hiked 2 miles south instead of north. I hesitated to hike south last time because I could hear gun shots to the south. I heard them again today. There must be a gun range around here. Today was a beautiful day for a hike in the woods. The temperature got up to 51 degrees and the breeze was slight.

After a while I came to a style. I love stiles. But then I was in a field surrounded by electric fence. No animals were inside the fence.

Soon I came to another stile. After a five minute walk to the end of my journey I turned around came back the same way. I climbed over four stiles in one day-a new record.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...